The Surveillance Studies Network (SSN) invites nominations (including self-nominations) for the annual Surveillance Studies Book Award 2018.
The award is given in recognition of an outstanding monograph on surveillance published during the preceding year. We are currently inviting nominations for 2018 (*books with a ‘2017’ copyright date).
- Single or multi-authored works are eligible, but not edited volumes.
- The winner/s will be announced in late 2018.
- The winner/s will be honored at the 2020 SSN conference.
The winner will receive an award amount of £100 (to be split among authors if there is more than one), as well as a 1-year membership for the Surveillance Studies Network (SSN), which provides benefits including discounts on all SSN-sponsored conferences and events.
The deadline for nominations and the receipt of three (3) books from the publisher is 9th July 2018. Please note, books will not be returned.
Using the subject heading “SSN Book Award 2018,” please email the committee chair, Kevin Walby (firstname.lastname@example.org) to nominate a book. Please include the title of the book, year of publication, author, publishing house, and a paragraph of no more than 300 words detailing specifics about why this book would be suitable for the award.
We require three (3) copies of each book for the prize committee. Have one copy sent to each of the following postal addresses:
- William G. Staples, Department of Sociology, The University of Kansas, 1415 Jayhawk Blvd., 716 Fraser Hall Lawrence, Kansas, United States, 66045-754
- Jennifer R. Whitson, Department of Sociology and Legal Studies, University of Waterloo 2045 PAS Building, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1
- Kevin Walby, Department of Criminal Justice, University of Winnipeg, Centennial Hall, 3rd Floor, 515 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3B 2E9, Phone: 204-786-9105