Official publication of the Information Resources Management Association
Editor-in-Chief: Rocci Luppicini, University of Otttawa, Canada
Published: Quarterly (both in Print and Electronic form)
Submisson deadline: September 15, 2010
Topics to be discussed in this journal include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Technoethics and Cognition (artificial morality, ethical agents, technoethical systems, technoethical mind, techno-addiction and ethical intervention, etc.)
- Biotech Ethics (cloning ethics, e-health ethics, telemedicine ethics, medical, research ethics, genetic ethics, neuroethics, sport and nutrition technoethics, etc.)
- Technoethics and Society (digital property ethics, technoethics and social theory, technoethics and law, technoethics and science, technoethics and art, global technoethics, etc.)
- Computer and Engineering Ethics (professional codes of ethics, environmental technoethics, military technoethics, nanoethics, nuclear ethics, etc.)
- Information and Communication Technoethics (cyberethics, cyber pornography, cybercrime, cyber-stalking, internet ethics, media ethics, netiquette, etc.)
- Organizational Technoethics (e-business ethics, outsourcing ethics, virtual organization ethics, global ethics, technoethics and knowledge management, technoethics and work, etc.)
- Educational Technothics (cyber-bullying, cyber democracy, digital divide, e-learning ethics, emancipatory educational technology, professional technoethics, technoethical assessment and evaluation, etc.).
Misson of IJT:
Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts for possible publication in the International Journal of Technoethics (IJT). The mission of the International Journal of Technoethics (IJT) is to evolve technological relationships of humans with a focus on ethical implications for human life, social norms and values, education, work, politics, law, and ecological impact. This journal provides cutting-edge analysis of technological innovations, research,developments policies, theories, and methodologies related to ethical aspects of technology in society.IJT publishes empirical research, theoretical studies, innovative methodologies, practical applications, case studies, and book reviews. IJT encourages submissions from philosophers, researchers, social theorists, ethicists, historians, practitioners, and technologists from all areas of human activity affected by advancing technology.
Submitting to the International Journal of Technoethics:
Prospective authors should note that only original and previously unpublished articles will be considered. INTERESTED AUTHORS MUST CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS. PRIOR TO SUBMISSION. All article submissions will be forwarded to at least 3 members of the Editorial Review Board of the journal for double-blind, peer review. Final decision regarding acceptance/revision/rejection will be based on the reviews received from the reviewers.
The International Journal of Technoethics is published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference) and “Medical Information Science Reference” imprints.
All inquiries and submissions should be should be directed to the attention of:
Dr. Rocci Luppicini, Editor-in-Chief
International Journal of Technoethics