Vol 6, No 4 (2009): Gender, Sexuality and Surveillance
Edited by Kirstie S Ball, David J Phillips, Nicola Green, and Hille Koskela
Featuring articles by…
- Toby Beauchamp – Artful Concealment and Strategic Visibility: Transgender Bodies and U.S. State Surveillance After 9/11
- Kevin Walby – Ottawa’s National Capital Commission Conservation Officers and the Policing of Public Park Sex
- Kathryn Conrad – Surveillance, Gender, and the Virtual Body in the Information Age
- Anthony Corones & Susan Hardy – En-Gendered Surveillance: Women on the Edge of a Watched Cervix
– a piece of experimental writing by Brian Beaton – Random Digit Darling: The Telephone Turn in the American Social and Behavioral Sciences
– a response to the review section in issue 6(3) on the UK House of Lords surveillance report by Charles D. Raab, Benjamin J. Goold – Putting Surveillance on the Political Agenda: A Short Defence of Surveillance, Citizens and the State
– and our usual reviews of all the books that matter in surveillance studies.
Coming soon: New calls for papers: Surveillance & Empowerment; Consumer Surveillance; and the first call for our 2010 Conference in London.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.